Thursday, January 11, 2007

Our "french" hotel room

Okay, so on our way to Denver, we always stop in Cheyenne, WY. We have yet to find a hotel that we would like to stay in again. This time, we stopped at a place that had kids all over their billboards. They boasted a great pool, and a brand new playground. We thought, hey lets give it a shot. We got there only to find out that the pool and playground were outside. That's ok, we brought toys for the kids. When I opened the door to the room, I was surprised to see the furniture and carpet, they called it french provincal. I don't mean to be a complainer, I just expected the typical look of a hotel. So, I went back outside and told Jeff to go look at the room. When he went in he noticed something I didn't, see below. Here are some pics of the room, and the REASON that we stayed at this hotel! :)Picture yourself walking into a hotel room and seeing this! At first, I just thought that this place was old!
I am pretty sure that the bedding is new, but just made to go with the theme of the room.

Ok, so here was the deal maker! Kansas City was on TV that afternoon, and there was a 42" plasma screen hanging on the wall. Let me ask you, what would you do? Needless to say, we stayed in this hotel. The room really wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I expected!

2 comments:

Cortney said...

Funny! I think I would've had the same reaction! We travel a lot between family in N.Cali, the midwest and taking Colton to meet his dad in Salt Lake. I try to research online with hotels.com and traveloctiy, but we still have found a few dumps!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, that would have sealed the deal for my hubby, too.