Thursday, March 26, 2009

CLOSED

Just a little update from Colorado, we got news earlier in the week that we were going to have a blizzard today and tomorrow. No one really took this warning seriously because we have all heard it in the past with no blizzard! Well, we were all definitely wrong. I was out today figuring that I would be home before it started snowing anyway. I was the last one into a store before they put a closed due to weather sign on the door. I came straight home and the commissary was already closed. I had to go to the shoppette to get milk. Pretty soon, bases started closing , then banks, grocery stores, and on down the line. If you live here in Colorado, hopefully you have everything you need to survive over the next two days, because you won't be able to go out and buy it! Jeff is stuck out at Schriever, because the road between our house and that base is CLOSED. If you are in an accident, you will be rescued by a snowcat. Not an ambulance, a snowcat. I really never thought I would actually see a blizzard. Boy, was I wrong! Ice from the road, you can see how thick it is, don't want to be driving on it!

My flower pots, full of snow

Taken about 3 hours into the storm, the snow on the swings.

No comments: