Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a week....

Hey everyone, just wanted to do a post about how Andrew is doing. On Monday morning I made him an appt. to get he ears looked at because he was complaining that his ear hurt. When we got to the clinic, I was looking at him a little closer and noticed that he had a pretty good size bump that started from behind his ear and covered most of the right side of his neck and went to his chin. immediately called up to Denver and they said, "Come on up" So, I called Jeff and within a couple of hours we were all up in Denver at the Children's Hospital. They told us that they thought that it looked like an infected lymphnode, and that Andrew would be admitted immediately. That afternoon, they took him down and did a CT scan and it came back clean which was a relief. Andrew is recieving IV antibiotics and they are keeping a close eye on him because he is also running a fever. We were told today that the earliest possiblity of him going home is Thursday and that depends on his blood counts, his fever, and if the swelling in his neck is gone. Aubrey and I checked in to the Ronald McDonald house today, it's right down the road from TCH. So, we are all still in Denver and are praying for Andrew's speedy recovery. Please do the same for him so that he can come home soon! Love to all, Suzanne

1 comment:

Katie Glathar said...

Praise God that your are not working and can be with him. I am really praying for you. Love you all!