Thursday, February 15, 2007

Great Birthday!

What a great birthday! Yesterday I turned 25. I thought that the most exciting part of turning 25 would be the insurance discount, which won't take effect until the start of the new policy period. But back to my thoughts! So, I woke up thinking to myself that this would just be another birthday. I changed the sheets, did some laundry, shoveled the snow off of the driveway, and just a few other household chores. I believe that I was trying to just let the day pass! Later that day, I realized just how blessed I am to be around such great people and such an awesome family. My best friend Shannon gave me a gift that will help me with the purchase of a new camera, along with 12 wooden roses. Jeff took me to dinner while Shannon and Mark gave up their Valentine's Day to let me and Jeff have a couple of hours to go out. When we got home, Jeff and the kids had signed cards and drawn pictures for me. And finally, the heart cake. Yesterday was such a special day and it wasn't because of gifts, it was because I was surrounded by my family and friends. So, next time you are caught up in life, stop and think about who you are surrounded by and remember that they are the greatest gift of all.
The kids and me with my heart cake!
Andrew took this picture
Me and the kids again

2 comments:

Cortney said...

Happy belated Birthday! Andrew and Aubrey look like they're ready to dive into that cake!

Amber Joy said...

Happy, happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a good one.