Thursday, January 11, 2007

At home care

Andrew is in his last intensive phase of treatment now. At the beginning of February, he will start the 5th and final phase which will last close to 3 years. Right now, there is a medicine that he has to have through his central line. He gets it often enough that parents are trained to give it at home. Jeff is the one that does the job in our family. I am very impressed with the way that he handles the stress. I am also impressed with the way our little 4 year old man takes all of what he is going through right now. I was making him laugh in these pics, but I still think that it's pretty awesome that he does! I don't mean to brag, I am just a proud mom and a proud wife! I want to take this time to thank all of you for your prayers. I know that God is listening and has great things in store for Andrew.Jeff drawing up the meds
Andrew was telling Jeff, I'm ready!
He wasn't as happy in this picture. I know he can't feel the meds, but he doesn't like when the tape around his "butterfly" pulls on his skin.
I thought that this one was cute, he is just enjoying what is happening around him, almost oblivious of what is happening to him.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

He is such an amazing little boy! And you are amazing parents! I have tried to put myself in your position and have cried for you. I'm sorry that your family has to go through this. I hope that it makes you a stronger family and that God will reveal the reasons why. Maybe Andrew will be a doctor someday and help children like him! Enjoying getting to know you better on your blog!

Colborn News said...

When Andrew gets older i am sure he will hardly remember all of this. You guys seem to make the best of it and that is the stuff he will remember, like the plasma tv in the crazy hotel room and all the fun trips that you guys have made!! AT least you're on the downhill of things!!